Disney plus Error Code 83 is the most irritating message you can get when watching the streaming on Disney Plus. It’s not at all detailed about what the fault is and, to make stuff graver, Error Code 83 totally prevents you from using Disney Plus. If you are facing this problem, you’re in luck: here’s what causes the fault, and how to fix it.
Disney community is frustratingly tight-lipped about what makes Error Code 83. The Disney Plus support page for the error just shows that the failure “means we encountered an unknown error streaming to your device. This is typically a device compatibility point, connection failure, or account problem”.
Not very effective, right? Maybe not immediately, but narrowing the fault down to a problem with your device, your internet connection, or your account really gives us a lot of steps to attempt to fix it.
Fix Disney Plus Error Code 83
Internet Connection Issue
If you see a message like ‘Unable to connect Disney Plus’, it could indicate that there is some sort of internet connection issue:
- It’s likely that Disney Plus itself is getting banged with too many signups at once. If that’s admittedly the case, there is not a lot you can do regarding it until its servers can control the signup load once again. You can verify the Down Detector site to see if others are facing the same problems.
- If you think the issue is not due to too much internet load, it is plausible your local internet provider is having matters of its own. In that situation, you might need to contact your internet provider to see if their servers and routers are having issues connecting to Disney Plus.
Disney plus Error Code 83 is seen on a kind of desktop computer and laptop that can’t pass the DRM check that Disney Plus needs before it starts playing videos. These days, it’s more apparent that the DRM check failure is a server-side timeout instead of a device-related one, as we saw more during the early days of Disney Plus, but there are some things that can make DRM failures on your side rather than Disney’s:
- Linux devices can still be flaky. Disney Plus wasn’t compatible with Linux at launch due to how stringent the DRM limitations were, but things seem to be working on at least come to some distributions, particularly Ubuntu. You might require to double-check which browser you are attempting to use, too.
- Disney Plus only lists compatible with a couple of the more famous desktop browsers including Google Chrome, Microsoft Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari. If you’re not using one of these, try Chrome preferably.
- Browsers on Smart TVs and entertainment consoles aren’t compatible. If a Disney Plus app isn’t available for your TV or console, try AirPlay or Chromecast alternatively to get it on your TV.
Unluckily, for this incompatibility, you will likely have to change to a different device in order to get around it. This is not a pleasant workaround, but it’s all we noticed, but please, go give feedback to Disney Plus so that they have more motivation to solve things.
Restarting the Device
As a device is working for a long time, it may create some temporary files which can stop Disney Plus from running normally. The restarting method does not promise to solve the problem but it’s so simple and fast, it is surely worth a try.
Updating the Disney plus Application
If the app you are using has the old version, it may make error code 83 to pop up. Please try updating the app and relaunching the application.
Reinstalling the Disney plus Application
Even if the app is up to date and you’re facing the same error code 83, the possibilities are that there may exist some sort of defective file of the app on your device. To correct this issue, remove all the data related to the app and uninstall it. Download the fresh app again from respective stores and run it freshly.
Update the Device Operating System
Just like the app requires to be updated, the operating system on which the app running should be held up to date. An older version of OS can also be the reason for error code 83 to pop up. Inspect for possible updates for your operating system and update it.
Try Using a Different Disney plus Account
If all the measures mentioned above don’t work and the issue still persists, attempt logging in with a different Disney plus account altogether. We recommend this step because the possibilities are that the account you are using may have some kind of problem in it. Yes, it’s possible.
Being the most obvious error occurring while using Disney Plus, error code 83 has very easy troubleshooting actions. Most of the time they fix the matter, it’s a very short scenario that the account has to be substituted. Hope we have assisted you to fix your problem.