1 of 2
Why is Microsoft using a Nvidia GTX 7xx in the Xbox One demo units?
Posted: 15 June 2013 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
True Gamer
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2012-08-14

Smoke and Mirrors.

If you look closely you will see the GeForce GTX logo and corsair cooler.

Here

Signature 

Posted: 15 June 2013 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
OG (Original Gamer)
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  274
Joined  2013-02-03

” Why is Microsoft using a Nvidia GTX 7xx in the Xbox One demo units?”

Because ATI sucks? I dunno. Lol. I notice they also prefer Win 7 to Win 8.

Posted: 15 June 2013 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
True Gamer
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-08-14
Stevie G - 15 June 2013 05:04 PM

” Why is Microsoft using a Nvidia GTX 7xx in the Xbox One demo units?”

Because ATI sucks? I dunno. Lol. I notice they also prefer Win 7 to Win 8.

Quoted for the truth on both points.

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2013 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
True Gamer
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2013-02-22

Dev kits shipped with Windows 7

Signature 

Cueil's Gamercard <br>Get your Portable ID!

Posted: 16 June 2013 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Casual Gamer
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-07-20

jeff gerstmann was asked about this and i get why they would do this.

the direct quote was

“Games get demoed on PC all the time, especially when console hardware hasn’t been finalized yet. Plenty of stations with PS4 controllers at them were plugged into PCs, too.  Need for Speed, for example.

This is not news.”

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2013 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
OG (Original Gamer)
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-03
Cueil - 16 June 2013 01:29 AM

Wow. You’d think devs would upgrade them to get the amazing convenience of the Metro Start Screen and the removal of the much
hated Start Button and the detested default to desktop that was totally holding everybody back all these years. Only backwards
luddites who long for yesterday and hate change would prefer Win7.

[ Edited: 16 June 2013 03:07 AM by Stevie G ]

Posted: 16 June 2013 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
OG (Original Gamer)
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-03

Mystery Solved! We can all relax now!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2013/06/15/were-xbox-one-e3-demos-running-on-nvidia-hardware-it-doesnt-matter-and-heres-why/

“Both of these facts have caused the internet at large to extrapolate some crazy assumptions like:
1) Microsoft has no confidence in Windows 8, and
2) Microsoft is deceiving consumers and the press by not using AMD silicon (Both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 use AMD semi-custom solutions
for both CPU and GPU).

Both of those assumptions are wrong.”

Posted: 16 June 2013 03:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
True Gamer
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-08-14

lol even MS knows win 7 is more stable than win 8. Pretty funny if you ask me.

InfamousBlaze - 16 June 2013 02:18 AM

the direct quote was

“Games get demoed on PC all the time, especially when console hardware hasn’t been finalized yet. Plenty of stations with PS4 controllers at them were plugged into PCs, too.  Need for Speed, for example.

This is not news.”

While this is very true the specs in those far surpass any console hardware. I read MS did this before with the 360, but the pc they were using had similar specs. The graphics card that they were using is more expensive than the whole XBONE.

[ Edited: 16 June 2013 03:13 AM by iMixMasTer ]
 Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2013 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
True Gamer
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-22
iMixMasTer - 16 June 2013 03:11 AM

lol even MS knows win 7 is more stable than win 8. Pretty funny if you ask me.

InfamousBlaze - 16 June 2013 02:18 AM

the direct quote was

This is not news.”

While this is very true the specs in those far surpass any console hardware. I read MS did this before with the 360, but the pc they were using had similar specs. The graphics card that they were using is more expensive than the whole XBONE.

The dev kits would be running emulation anyway since there is nothing like the APU in the Xbox One avalible… the video card and CPU mean nothing

Windows 7 was shipped because that was what the software was build for… the kits were shipped out early last year with Win7 so there is no reason to switch the OS on the dev systems when they give them updated hardware/software… also Win7 isn’t more stable then Win8

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2013 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
True Gamer
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-22

just to let you know that Godfree did in fact play games on a Xbox One… no doubt some of these games just were not playable on the kit in time for E3 and they did what they needed to do to show you the game.

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2013 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
OG (Original Gamer)
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-03

Yeah, I’ve had no stability issues with Win 8. I kind of resent having to hit the “desktop” button/pane thing though.

Posted: 16 June 2013 05:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
True Gamer
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-22
Stevie G - 16 June 2013 04:35 AM

Yeah, I’ve had no stability issues with Win 8. I kind of resent having to hit the “desktop” button/pane thing though.

Confirmation was made that this was a the only game known to use the PC and wasn’t a decision made by Microsoft, but one made by the developer… you can check out Blows timeline on twitter… also Harmonix confermed they used an Xbox One dev kit

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2013 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2012-06-01

There’s a lot of idiocy going on throughout the internet and I don’t want to see it here.

1. Both Xbox One and PS4 games were demoed on dev kits.  A PC is a dev kit for those who don’t know.
2. These games were developed under a dev kit that uses Windows 7.
3. I saw several Xbox Ones running demos and several controllers that led to an enclosure.  Same with PS4.
4. Both PS4 and Xbox One use DirectX11.  This means that their games can run on any video card.

Please stop all of this bullshit ignorance and become gamers again.  I’ve never seen such a more fucked up gaming community in my life.  Our goal here is to teach you guys something about games and it seems that it’s still not sinking in.  If you have questions, ask them here and you will get answers…even if I have to go to outside sources to get the answers. 

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2013 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
True Gamer
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-22
Torrence Davis - 16 June 2013 10:05 AM

There’s a lot of idiocy going on throughout the internet and I don’t want to see it here.

1. Both Xbox One and PS4 games were demoed on dev kits.  A PC is a dev kit for those who don’t know.
2. These games were developed under a dev kit that uses Windows 7.
3. I saw several Xbox Ones running demos and several controllers that led to an enclosure.  Same with PS4.
4. Both PS4 and Xbox One use DirectX11.  This means that their games can run on any video card.

Please stop all of this bullshit ignorance and become gamers again.  I’ve never seen such a more fucked up gaming community in my life.  Our goal here is to teach you guys something about games and it seems that it’s still not sinking in.  If you have questions, ask them here and you will get answers…even if I have to go to outside sources to get the answers. 

That fucking dickhead fucking Johnathan Flow who made millions off of Microsoft is doing his hardest to try and make them look bad… this particular dev used this unit and wasn’t a MS decision

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2013 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
OG (Original Gamer)
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-03

1. There is currently no way to become gamers with these systems. They aren’t out. They are pure marketing to us at this point.

2. So? I have issues with WIn 8, mostly about having the new Metro interface pushed in my face every time I boot up, and I make jokes about it.
AND I posted a link from Forbes dismissing the use of Win8 as a serious claim afterward. I also defended the stability of Win8 from my own
experience.We are getting both sides of the story here.

3. No doubt. As the article explains, It’s dumb not to use what equipment you can get easily before a show, especially if it is provided as samples and not doing
anything else or was donated to support the show. And it IS likely set up with input from the developer rather than the publisher at this point. Cueil seems to
want to go with only one confirmed to use PC and it was this one as the broad defense strategy though.

4. Yes they do.

I think handling privacy concerns with babble about the world is already under total surveillance and justifying high game console prices by bringing up different
high priced products is also a form of ignorant bullshit. The Xbox One is not a tablet. MS has tablets. They are also not doing well at the current pricing. The presumption
that anyone who bought a high end cell phone would also buy an Xbox one sort of ignores that if a smart phone was bought recently that perhaps makes one
LESS likely to buy a high priced consoles what with the loose money already being spent and the phone being higher up the priority list. I think cutting off complaints about
features with “deal with it” is pretty dumb too.  That’s frankly how Apple sells things. It’s why I don’t own any recent apple stuff. New console manufacturers with this PR
attitude are likely to suffer for it.

We tried the ‘serious Xbot’ defense back at the Bitbag. It never worked. Nor was it ever really enforced both ways. The SDF just used that constraint to launch even more
bullshit and drowned out the reasonable arguments. And THAT was when there was something WORTH defending. If you asked them Xbox Live Gold was $ 60 a month instead
of $35 a year. Now suddenly they are okay with paying $60 a year for multiplayer having never even seen the new multiplayer network features first hand. The 360 was the
RROD console that sold twice as many systems as replacements (no citation given). YLOD was NOTHING. PS2 lens misalignment? NOTHING. PSX played upside down to stop
load failure and stream-skipping in the first two years of sales? NOTHING. MS replacing consoles for free up to three years after purchase? NOTHING. None of that mattered
and the idiots wanted to hear about how big blu-ray games would be and how much better the graphics would be and what GTA IV supposedly would be like if 360 had blu-ray.
The 360 d-pad was a FATAL WEAKNESS because fighters. Etc. It was all total stupid bullshit. This time I think Xbox One is over priced, too focused on server side games (We
are all Defiance now!), and the DRM thing is onerous. I’d rather stick with PC where the DRM’d games are cheap as fuck and have no willingness to believe that MS will be willing
to go ‘cheap as fuck’ on their digital wares on their closed market. I pre-ordered a PS4 not because I want one at launch or because I’m a KIllzone fan but because I wanted to
reward Sony for their ‘it’s your disc’ message even if it was cynical opportunistic bullshit(which I’m pretty sure it was) because that sends them a message about what I want and
what I’m willing to do to support it. And if and when the bad news hits I’ll probably cancel that order too.

My participation in this thread has been hostile but mostly humorous. I am approaching it that way because this argument will probably always be stupid and pointlessly emotional
on both sides but before the consoles launch it is certain to be.

Cheap shots and rumors > Lab work and scholarly research at this stage and MS and Sony are clearly still wiggling their policies about and they need a bit of encouragement
not to fuck it up with their futurism and pipe dreams because they have already burned their customers on skate-board scanning, AI kids, hybrid kinect games (Steel Battalion was
garbage that really just didn’t work), the big XNA effort, and Velocity GRL selling her t-shirts.  Both sides have their PR monkeys on message boards trying to swing this thing one
way or the other. They are doing that because MS opened themselves up this with their silly babble about the future. Well, people are reacting negatively to their vision of the future.
As John Shaw might say, that’s just what the discussion is at this point. It’s not going to change anytime soon.

Posted: 16 June 2013 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
True Gamer
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-02-22
Stevie G - 16 June 2013 01:12 PM

1. There is currently no way to become gamers with these systems. They aren’t out. They are pure marketing to us at this point.

2. So? I have issues with WIn 8, mostly about having the new Metro interface pushed in my face every time I boot up, and I make jokes about it.
AND I posted a link from Forbes dismissing the use of Win8 as a serious claim afterward. I also defended the stability of Win8 from my own
experience.We are getting both sides of the story here.

3. No doubt. As the article explains, It’s dumb not to use what equipment you can get easily before a show, especially if it is provided as samples and not doing
anything else or was donated to support the show. And it IS likely set up with input from the developer rather than the publisher at this point. Cueil seems to
want to go with only one confirmed to use PC and it was this one as the broad defense strategy though.

4. Yes they do.

I think handling privacy concerns with babble about the world is already under total surveillance and justifying high game console prices by bringing up different
high priced products is also a form of ignorant bullshit. The Xbox One is not a tablet. MS has tablets. They are also not doing well at the current pricing. The presumption
that anyone who bought a high end cell phone would also buy an Xbox one sort of ignores that if a smart phone was bought recently that perhaps makes one
LESS likely to buy a high priced consoles what with the loose money already being spent and the phone being higher up the priority list. I think cutting off complaints about
features with “deal with it” is pretty dumb too.  That’s frankly how Apple sells things. It’s why I don’t own any recent apple stuff. New console manufacturers with this PR
attitude are likely to suffer for it.

We tried the ‘serious Xbot’ defense back at the Bitbag. It never worked. Nor was it ever really enforced both ways. The SDF just used that constraint to launch even more
bullshit and drowned out the reasonable arguments. And THAT was when there was something WORTH defending. If you asked them Xbox Live Gold was $ 60 a month instead
of $35 a year. Now suddenly they are okay with paying $60 a year for multiplayer having never even seen the new multiplayer network features first hand. The 360 was the
RROD console that sold twice as many systems as replacements (no citation given). YLOD was NOTHING. PS2 lens misalignment? NOTHING. PSX played upside down to stop
load failure and stream-skipping in the first two years of sales? NOTHING. MS replacing consoles for free up to three years after purchase? NOTHING. None of that mattered
and the idiots wanted to hear about how big blu-ray games would be and how much better the graphics would be and what GTA IV supposedly would be like if 360 had blu-ray.
The 360 d-pad was a FATAL WEAKNESS because fighters. Etc. It was all total stupid bullshit. This time I think Xbox One is over priced, too focused on server side games (We
are all Defiance now!), and the DRM thing is onerous. I’d rather stick with PC where the DRM’d games are cheap as fuck and have no willingness to believe that MS will be willing
to go ‘cheap as fuck’ on their digital wares on their closed market. I pre-ordered a PS4 not because I want one at launch or because I’m a KIllzone fan but because I wanted to
reward Sony for their ‘it’s your disc’ message even if it was cynical opportunistic bullshit(which I’m pretty sure it was) because that sends them a message about what I want and
what I’m willing to do to support it. And if and when the bad news hits I’ll probably cancel that order too.

My participation in this thread has been hostile but mostly humorous. I am approaching it that way because this argument will probably always be stupid and pointlessly emotional
on both sides but before the consoles launch it is certain to be.

Cheap shots and rumors > Lab work and scholarly research at this stage and MS and Sony are clearly still wiggling their policies about and they need a bit of encouragement
not to fuck it up with their futurism and pipe dreams because they have already burned their customers on skate-board scanning, AI kids, hybrid kinect games (Steel Battalion was
garbage that really just didn’t work), the big XNA effort, and Velocity GRL selling her t-shirts.  Both sides have their PR monkeys on message boards trying to swing this thing one
way or the other. They are doing that because MS opened themselves up this with their silly babble about the future. Well, people are reacting negatively to their vision of the future.
As John Shaw might say, that’s just what the discussion is at this point. It’s not going to change anytime soon.

Informing the sheepell is everyone’s jobs

- 17 December 2014 04:32 PM

@Jonathan_Blow glad to hear its not you're intention to slam us, nothing but respect for you, but like I said, it was our decision not MS's

— Michael Wilford (@mrwilford) June 15, 2013

[removed][removed]

[ Edited: 16 June 2013 02:59 PM by Cueil ]
 Signature 

1 of 2